‘No escape for Biden’: Trump will attend next debate despite ‘unfair’ rule change & no foreign policy topics

US President Donald Trump said he will appear at the next debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden, in spite of what he deemed an “unfair” rule change to mute each candidates’ mic during parts of the event. Read Full Article at RT.com

‘No escape for Biden’: Trump will attend next debate despite ‘unfair’ rule change & no foreign policy topics

US President Donald Trump said he will appear at the next debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden, in spite of what he deemed an “unfair” rule change to mute each candidates’ mic during parts of the event.

“I’ll participate, I just think it’s very unfair,” Trump told reporters on Monday, adding “I will participate but it’s very unfair that they changed the topics and it’s very unfair that again we have an anchor who’s totally biased.”

Trump’s campaign also clarified his intentions for the upcoming October 22 debate earlier on Monday, stating the president would show up for the event while blasting the debate commission as “biased” for the rule change, which will see both challengers’ microphones cut during certain segments of the debate.

“President Trump is committed to debating Joe Biden regardless of last minute rule changes from the biased commission in their latest attempt to provide advantage to their favored candidate,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said in a statement. He added that the president would hit Biden on foreign policy – including recent allegations about the business dealings of himself and his son, Hunter – even though the debate will not feature any topics in that category.

If the media won’t ask Joe Biden these questions, the President will, and there will be no escape for Biden.
In a new statement, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien vows President Trump will still debate Joe Biden on October 22 in Nashville

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced the new rule on Monday afternoon, saying that mics will be muted for one candidate while the other gives their opening statement at the beginning of the debate’s six segments, each set to last two minutes. Both mics will be left on during the “open discussion” portions of the event, however.

The commission acknowledged the abrupt shift in rules may not go over well with either candidate, but maintained it was “comfortable that these actions strike the right balance and that they are in the interest of the American people, for whom these debates are held.”